After snatching a great deal on Rice Krispies at Publix, I decided to search for a sweet and easy recipe that I could make a little ‘Welcome to the Neighborhood’ sweet treat for our new neighbors.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
adapted from Notecook
- 2/3 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons Smart Balance creamy peanut butter (icing)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (icing)
- Put Rice Krispies in a large bowl and set aside.
- Grease a 9X9 inch pan.
- Bring sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar to a boil over medium/high heat, stirring constantly.
- After the ingredients are blended together smoothly and starting to boil, pour over the Rice Krispies and stir together.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the greased pan and let cool in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the icing, over low heat, stir the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour the icing over the treats, spread evenly, and put it back in the fridge.
- Cut into squares after the icing has had time to set.
- Enjoy and share with your neighbors!