On a night when nether my husband nor I felt like cooking, the Zucchadilla was our answer.
It’s so easy and has easy clean up too (which I LOVE)….and not to mention tastes better and a lot healthier than any Taco Bell or Moes quesadilla!
- 2 zucchini
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 3 whole wheat soft tortillas
- 4 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Using a peeler, peel the zucchini.
- Slice the onion into thin half-moon shapes.
- Sauté the zucchini and onions in the olive oil and stir in the spices.
- Meanwhile, prepare the quesadillas by evenly distributing the mozzarella cheese.
- Once the vegetables are soft and/or slightly caramelized, put the quesadillas on the griddle (medium heat) and spread 1/3 of the vegetables on half of the quesadilla.
- Brown the quesadilla.
- Serve the quesadillas warm and topped with about a tablespoon of your favorite salsa.