Need a kiss?
A Dark Chocolate Hershey’s Kiss, perhaps???
What goes better with a dark chocolate Hershey’s kiss than peanut butter?!?!
And this is the way to eat ‘em.
Peanut Butter Kisses
adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter (I use Skippy)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup natural granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 bag dark chocolate kisses
- With your hand mixer in a large bowl, mix the butter and peanut butter together.
- Next, add in the sugars and mix.
- Then, mix in the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Finally, mix in the flours.
- Chill the dough in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Then, shape the dough into 1″ balls (I found it easier if you spray a little bit of cooking spray into the palm of your hands).
- Roll the balls in sugar.
- Place the balls on baking sheets and with two fingers slightly push down the balls.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, push down a kiss candy on top until the cookie starts to crack (don’t let it crack to much).
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Servings:about 30 cookies