The first time I made my mom’s molasses crinkles, I send some in with my husband to work…
They became known as crack.
They were that good…and addicting.
I hope you enjoy these! I know we do!
- 3/4 cup Crisco (or butter)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- turbinado sugar
- Mix the first 4 ingredients (at room temperature) in a stand mixer.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients (should be a thick dough).
- Chill for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mold chilled dough into tablespoon balls, and roll the balls in the turbinado sugar, covering them.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until crinkles appear on the top (about 8-10 minutes). Don’t over bake, they’ll be too hard. Below is what they look like as soon as they come out of the oven. As they cool, they deflate a little bit. Mmm!