Time for TRUFFLES!
Every day until Christmas I’m going to be sharing with you my favorite truffle recipes. And it goes without saying that they all include some sort of chocolate. 😉
These beauties not only look regal, decadent and luxurious…but they taste just that good. 🙂
Classic Chocolate Truffles
adapted from Famous French Desserts
- 14 ounces high quality dark chocolate (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao chocolate chips)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pour the 14 ounces of dark chocolate in a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, slowly bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips and butter and stir until the it is melted.
- Set the bowl in the refrigerator for about an two hours or until hard enough to roll into balls.
- Once set, use a spoon or a tablespoon size scoop to form balls.
- Place the balls on parchment paper and let them chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- At this point I thought I could make fancy-dancy truffles and coat them with melted chocolate. This is how they came out: So, instead of coating them with chocolate, this is what you do. With the palms of your hand, roll the balls into more perfect little balls.
- Next, coat the balls with your favorite sprinkles, cocoa powder or nuts!
Just as a reminder, these make excellent homemade Christmas gifts! 🙂 I’d sure like it if I received my very own chocolate box of truffles. Hint, hint. 😉