T-minus 5 days until Christmas! It’s hard to believe. I’m super super excited to see my family and friends.
Plus I just love this time of year. All of the excuses to bake and bake and bake! I love it!
Then, I get to eat and eat and eat! 😉
…then, run and run and run…again. Haha!
Well, I had a packed weekend: baking, doing yard work, finishing up my Christmas shopping, and then wrapping all the goods! Busy busy!
The highlight, of course, was decorating the cookies! I hope you enjoy them!
I also hope you have finished or are nearly finished with your Christmas shopping. And if you have time, why not bake a batch of these delicious, yet healthier sugar cookies!
Healthier Sugar Cookies
adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- In a bowl, blend together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- In your stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat.
- Add in the egg whites and beat.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the butter mixture.
- Divide the dough in half, form into balls, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut out shapes and place them 1″ apart on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until light brown.
- Follow below instructions to ice your cookies!
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 6 tablespoons warm water (+/- just use your best judgment)
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until blended and of the correct consistency.
- Put in a pastry bag and pipe away!
Don’t forget that the Chobani Giveaway ends tonight!