Welcome to day 3 of Truffle Time!
I have to admit it. I love Oreos. I can’t just stop at one cookie either…especially if there’s milk involved.
These Oreo truffles are like the greatest Oreo cookie ever. Moist Oreo filling coated in dark chocolate. Mmmm!
adapted from Quinn’s Baking Diary
- 8 ounces of 1/3 less fat softened cream cheese
- 16.6 ounce bag of Double Stuff Oreos (or any of your favorite icing filled cookie) My bag had 33 cookies.
- dark chocolate for melting and dipping
- white chocolate for decoration
- In a food processor or blender, crush the Oreo cookies until it is pretty fine.
- Combine the cream cheese and Oreo crumbs. Come on, you know you want to use your hands! Go for it!
- Form balls and let chill in the fridge for about 45-60 minutes. Don’t worry about them being perfect balls at this point…we’ll touch them up after they are chilled.
- In the palms of your hands, roll into smooth balls.
- Melt your dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Dip each ball in the chocolate and remove any excess chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper and let them chill in the fridge for another hour.
- Melt your white chocolate over a double boiler.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the truffles.
- Put back in the fridge and enjoy!