Oki doki folks! Day 2 of our truffles series…and guess what!?!? The best combination in the world!
I’m not sure how I came to be obsessed with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. But, 99.99% of the time I won’t turn either or both down. Well, I might as well be honest and admit that back scratches and food rubs are never declined, as well. Also, if I’m at a candy, ice cream or any other sweet store…I’m GOING to pick the chocolate & peanut butter thing. It’s just my nature. It’s not even that I’m too afraid to try something new. It’s more, ‘I’m going to eat some delicious, plain o’le bad for me food so why not enjoy it and have something you know you’ll love!’
Well, that’s all I have to say about that. Enjoy the chocolate and peanut butter!!!! 😀
Peanut Butter Truffles
adapted from Joy of Baking
- 2 cups natural creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 10 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the peanut butter and butter in a bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute (stir every 20 seconds).
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a larger bowl, mix the powdered sugar and the peanut butter mixture. It should be a dough consistency, so use your best judgment as to how much extra powdered sugar you need to add.
- Using a tablespoon scoop or a spoon, shape into balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water.
- Coat the balls in the chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place the balls back on the parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for another 1 hour until set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.