Best Corn Bread
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups yellow corn meal
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup light sour cream (or plain non-fat Greek yogurt…I used Chobani)
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added corn, drained
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 8″ x 8″ pan.
- Beat eggs until blended.
- Add the canola oil, sour cream, milk, and salt to the eggs and whisk until blended.
- Add the corn and stir.
- Then add the flour, corn meal, sugar and baking powder and blend until mixed.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.