Thank you so much for nominating me, Emily! Eee…Chocolate & Carrots’ first award. I think that this is so fun!
What an honor and how exciting!
• Make a post & link it back to the person who awarded you
• Share 7 things about yourself
• Award up to 10 recently discovered great bloggers
• Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
- I started baking at an early age. Easy Bake Oven extraordinaire…and the chocoholic thing started way back when too. 😉
- I absolutely love being the oldest of 4 girls. I hate that I have to live 2 hours away from Katie (20), Margaret (17) and Eliza (13). It’s amazing how much more we get along now that we’re older. You should of heard the fights that we had when we were younger. They would have been great YouTube videos. 😉
- I secretly love the 2011 audi tt but don’t want to hurt my husband’s feelings (saabmaniac).
- My favorite show of all time is Gilmore Girls. My sisters, Mom and I used to watch it religiously. We even had a Goodbye Gilmore Girls party when the last episode aired.And in addition to Gilmore Girls, I have seen every episode of Full House, Boy Meets World, Saved By the Bell and The Cosby Show, and Desperate Housewives.
- I never had the slightest interest in wanting to take really great photos until I started Chocolate & Carrots. Since then, it’s been a combination of reading Scott Kelby’s Digital Photography book, help from my husband (he will drill me about the different functions while we were on our runs), and just by trial and error. I have discovered that I really want a nice and big, bright window in my kitchen where I can shoot all of my food photos. Currently, I battle the ever changing weather and lug all of my props, food, poster board backgrounds, and camera outside on our patio to shoot all while battling bugs, wind and barking dogs. Or, if the weather isn’t playing nice, I sit on the floor, jammed between my fridge and the food photo shoot layout (approximately 1 foot x 2 foot space). This can be quite difficult and limiting with angles. A girl can dream! 🙂
- Over the past 2 years, I bet I’ve wasted near $100 on orchids. I’ve managed to try my hardest to keep them alive, but ever single one ended up dead and rotten. I guess I’ll stick to grass and the occasional tomato. Notice this photo was taken the day I got it.
- Oh, and I have the travel bug really bad. I’ve flown outside of the United States to Jamaica (mission trip), Costa Rica (graduation present from Logan’s family), and St. Lucia (honeymoon). I can’t wait until the day that I see the beautiful country sides of Italy, the magnificent lights of Paris, and all of the rest of Europe that I can’t list now. Ahh, seems like a dream…
I am loving and hereby nominate:
- Christina at Hungry Meets Healthy
- Rebecca at Rosey Rebecca
- Heather at Squirrel Bread
- Heather at Sprinkle Bakes
- Jamie at My Baking Addiction
- Winnie at Healthy Green Kitchen
- Naomi at Bakers Royale
- Jessica at How Sweet It Is
- Darla at Bakingdom
- Erin at Naturally Ella