Crownie (n.) crown-e A decadent treat that blends the best of a cookie and a brownie in one muffin tin. The home-baked flavors of the cookie bottom when paired with the light and rich chocolate brownie topping makes this crownie amazing!
These were a team effort…especially since we had just finished hiking all 16.2 miles within two days. Lee was the man for stirring, while Chelsea and Becca assembled the crownies.
As you can see, first you mix up your cookie dough and fill each hole of the 12 muffin tin halfway up.
Then you cover the cookie dough with the brownie dough.
brownie from Martha Stewart
- One bag of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie dough (or your own cookie dough recipe)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 14 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix up the chocolate chip cookie dough and fill each muffin hole of a 12 muffin tin halfway up.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the butter, chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Once melted and smooth, remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl and using your hand mixer, beat the eggs and remaining tablespoon of sugar until it is pale yellow and doubled in size.
- Stir the flour into the eggs.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate mixture into the eggs.
- Spoon the chocolate batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream!