After seeing Angela from Oh She Glows make numerous variations of these overnight chia oats, I decided it was about time to try it.
The texture is very different from anything I’d ever tried. It almost made me nauseous when I first tried it. My second round was much better. But, it took me a couple of weeks to attempt it again. So don’t be afraid to try it again.
It is super filling. Splitting this meal between two people would almost be better. Neither my husband, nor I, could eat all of our bowls. Anyway. Here it goes!
Overnight Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Chia Oats
adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tablespoon Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except for the maple syrup and peanut butter.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Top with maple syrup and peanut butter.