I know it’s horrible, but every time I hear the word ‘flounder’, I think of the Little Mermaid‘s best friend. However, it is always reassuring that Flounder was not actually a flounder, but an Atlantic Blue Tang. 🙂 I would hate to think about chomping on poor little Flounder! 😉
Despite that little tid-bit of information, this meal was incredible!
It has officially moved up to the top in my “favorite ways to prepare a fish” list. The crunchy and flavorful crust and the soft, tender white fish made for an excellent meal.
- 2 flounder filets
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In bowl, lightly beat an egg white and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, orange zest, pepper and salt. Stir together.
- In a sauce pan, add the olive oil and heat to medium-high heat.
- Dip both sides of the filets in the egg whites and dip into the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the filets in the pan with the olive oil.
- Cook well on both sides (about 3-4 minutes on each side).
- Serve with your favorite sides (red quinoa with steamed green beans, wax beans and carrots shown here).