One of my all time favorite breakfasts. Ever.
This was a great one too. It was comprised of a descent-weathered morning (we’ve been having highs in the upper 90′s recently…so hot I am literally going to melt), hot french pressed coffee, the Sunday paper, and this awesome french toast!
I don’t know how you read your Sunday paper, but my husband and I basically dive in straight for the ads. Yes, they have us wrapped around their finger. Logan HAS to have all of the electronics advertisements (especially Best Buy…we have a credit card there….not a good thing, trust me). I usually go for the Target ad and the coupons.
So, how do you and your family read the newspaper? Are we weird?
Anyway, back to breakfast.
To assemble this perfect french toast, you plate you up some warm slices.
Sprinkle the powdered sugar all over those bad boys. Look at that action shot! Gotta love that!
Then scatter some fresh blueberries over it and pour with warm maple syrup. Yum!!!!!!!!!!!
Egg White French Toast
- Sliced multi-grain french baguette, about 1/2″ – 1″ slices (we had about 10-12 slices)
- Unsalted butter or cooking spray (for the pan)
- 7 egg whites
- Maple syrup (topping)
- Powdered sugar (topping)
- Blueberries (topping)
- Set out a griddle and get it nice and warm by setting it on medium to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are broken up enough to not clump together when you go to dip the bread.
- Evenly cover the griddle with either butter or cooking spray.
- Dip the pieces of bread into the egg whites, coating it evenly on both sides.
- Lay the piece of bread on the griddle and repeat with the remaining bread.
- Occasionally check to see if the french toast has gotten light brown, then flip.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, powdered sugar and blueberries. Yum!
What’s your favorite Sunday morning breakfast?