I’m not going to call them paleo cookies because they do contain sugar…you have to have sugar in cookies!?!?
But, they are pretty darn close to paleo.
I read recently that when your body ingests sugar, it doesn’t know when to stop eating. It’s not until the fiber or protein fills you up that you decide that you’re full enough to stop.*
Blessing in disguise! Coconut flour is high in fiber….and as an added bonus, it’s gluten free. Awesome!
Don’t be alarmed when you try these cookies if you’ve never eaten anything made with coconut flour. It’s a little grainy and makes you thirsty. So grab a glass of milk!!!
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Coconut Recipes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut flour
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with a silpat mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut oil, vanilla extract, eggs and almond milk together.
- In a larger bowl, stir the sugar, coconut flour and salt together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the tablespoon, roll into a ball with your hands and flatten out.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly brown.
Servings: 33-35 cookies