Next to dessert, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
So, why not start the day out right with some healthy pancakes…covered in peanut butter and syrup, of course!
Then, to counterbalance the unhealthy toppings, you can add your favorite fruit! I always love adding either blueberries or sliced bananas. Mmmm!
adapted from The Wannabe Chef
- 2 cups garbanzo fava flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Flour.)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, water and sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir just until blended.
- Heat your griddle on medium heat, and spray with cooking spray or lightly coat with butter.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of batter at a time.
- Let it cook until it beginnings to show bubbles through the batter.
- Flip and cook on the other side until light brown.
- Serve and enjoy!