Who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese?
And, I know it’s totally Ameeeerican to make the classic: American cheese, mayonnaise and bread. But, why not change it a bit and use REALLY fresh and natural ingredients?!?!?
Love it! 🙂
There’s nothing more delicious than fresh and homemade ingredients. Yum!!!
Soooo, go to your farmers market and get the freshest tomatoes and basil you can find, grab some mozzarella balls, and assemble this amazing meal. You won’t regret it! 🙂
Basil & Oregano Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (or just more basil leaves)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor, blend and set aside.
Italian Grilled Cheese
- Basil & oregano pesto
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Tomato, slice.
- Put your griddle (or panini press) on medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Assemble your sandwiches.
- Cook until lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and serve right away.
Servings: 3 sandwiches