I am a germaphobe.
I’m attracted to straight teeth.
I will always choose to go through food magazines versus gossip magazines. But, when I go to Barnes and Noble to peruse the magazines…I love catching up on the gossip. 😉 You know you do too!
I’m a pescetarian, but for financial and for my dear ‘ole husband, I eat chicken and turkey.
I’ve had braces twice…and still wear my retainer (it’s been 8 years since I got my 2nd set of braces off). AND I have two permanent retainers. Beat that. 😉
I love fish tacos.
Almond Crusted Fish Tacos
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced sodium corn, drained
- 1 (15 0unce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 cups spring mix salad
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 2 tilapia filets, cut down the middle (long-ways)
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon skim milk
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan
- Prepare the salsa: In a bowl, mix the black beans, corn tomatoes, pepper and salt together. Set aside.
- Steam the tortillas: Place them on a plate, placing a damp paper towel between each tortilla. This will make them easier to handle and less likely to fall apart
- Place 1/2 cup of spring mix salad on each tortilla.
- Spoon out 1/2 cup of salsa on top of the spring mix salad.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, grind up the almonds to a crunchy almond meal. Just pulse until you get the texture desired.
- Pour the crushed almonds in a low bowl.
- Put the flour, pepper and salt in another bowl.
- Pour the egg, egg whites, and milk in another bowl.
- Over medium heat, get a pan with olive oil ready.
- Meanwhile, coat the tilapia filet halves in the flour, then the egg, then the almond meal. Place in the pan.
- Repeat with all of the filets.
- Once, browned on both sides (about 5 minutes) and cooked through, place an almond crusted filet half on top of the salsa in the tortilla.
- Serve immediately.