I just love family dinners. So. Much.
Since I have 3 younger sisters (21, 18, 14) we all have crazy schedules and never can seem to get everyone together…especially since two of them have boyfriends. Oooo… 😉
So, it just so happened that we were ALL available for a Sunday lunch. WOAH. Never happens and I am so glad it did. It makes me so happy!
Lookie at all of us!
- Mom & Dad
- Myself & husband
- Katie & her boyfriend
- Margaret & her boyfriend
- Eliza (& she doesn’t need a boyfriend yet…ya hear me, girl! ;-))
So my dad found these sweet peppers at the grocery store and we were determined to come up with a delicious appetizer for our lunch. Ta da! 🙂
We grilled them up along with some greek marinated chicken and had some fresh caprese salad. Mmm! 🙂
Yay for family dinners! Do you and your family have family dinners?
Spicy Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 3 tablespoons plain 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons skim milk
- 7 slices of Monterrey jack cheese
- 30-40 sweet peppers (they are small, size of a large jalapeño and aren’t spicy like bell peppers)
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, milk and cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop the filling into a plastic bag with a small hole cut into it or a pastry bag with a tip.
- Cut the tops off of all of the peppers.
- Fill the peppers with the filling.
- Grill until slightly charred on the outside and the filling is melted.
- Serve immediately.