I just love family dinners. So. Much.
Since I have 3 younger sisters (21, 18, 14) we all have crazy schedules and never can seem to get everyone together…especially since two of them have boyfriends. Oooo…
So, it just so happened that we were ALL available for a Sunday lunch. WOAH. Never happens and I am so glad it did. It makes me so happy!
Lookie at all of us!
- Mom & Dad
- Myself & husband
- Katie & her boyfriend
- Margaret & her boyfriend
- Eliza (& she doesn’t need a boyfriend yet…ya hear me, girl! )
So my dad found these sweet peppers at the grocery store and we were determined to come up with a delicious appetizer for our lunch. Ta da!
We grilled them up along with some greek marinated chicken and had some fresh caprese salad. Mmm!
Yay for family dinners! Do you and your family have family dinners?
Spicy Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 3 tablespoons plain 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons skim milk
- 7 slices of Monterrey jack cheese
- 30-40 sweet peppers (they are small, size of a large jalapeño and aren’t spicy like bell peppers)
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, milk and cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop the filling into a plastic bag with a small hole cut into it or a pastry bag with a tip.
- Cut the tops off of all of the peppers.
- Fill the peppers with the filling.
- Grill until slightly charred on the outside and the filling is melted.
- Serve immediately.