They were incredibly delicate and had a wonderful nutty flavor. Plus, they got rave reviews from Logan (husband who has to put up with my pancake-obsession and who you heard from yesterday: here).
Almond Flax Pancakes
adapted from Friday Delights
- 1 cup almond flour (just ground up almonds)
- 3/4 cup flaxseed meal (just ground up flaxseeds)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or melted unsalted butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt (dry ingredients).
- Get out a small and a medium bowl.
- Separate the egg whites into the small bowl and the egg yolks in the medium bowl.
- Add the yogurt, milk, honey, coconut oil and the vanilla to the egg yolks. Whisk together (wet ingredients).
- With an electric beater, beat the egg whites until they have reached stiff peaks.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Scoop by the 1/4 cup full onto a griddle that has been sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat.
- Serve with your favorite toppings! It’s especially good with peanut butter. 🙂
Servings: 4-5, where 2-3 pancakes are a serving