I don’t know how I feel about this dinner.
The flavors were all there. Absolutely delicious. The perfect combination of spaghetti and pizza.
But, the topping is what didn’t do it for me.
It tasted great, but the way that it was separated from the pasta was a little tough to cut while eating it. Oh well. Ya live and ya learn.
I might make a casserole made of just the topping next time. It was that good.
It is a quick and easy way to feed the family, though. Yay!
Baked Spaghetti Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni noodles (dry)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded 4 Italian cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (about 5 slices)
- 15 or so turkey pepperoni
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart ceramic dish with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, boil the water and cook the noodles to al denté.
- Drain the pasta and put the cooked noodles back in the pot (but not over the heat).
- Add in the marinara sauce and the Italian shredded cheese.
- Stir and pour into the prepared dish.
- Put a layer of pepperoni’s on top of the pasta.
- Next, a layer of tomatoes.
- Next, a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Next, a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Finally, a drizzle of pesto.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden and bubbly.