Corn Chowdaaaa, anyone?
I want to say it just like that every time I eat it.
Am I weird?
Anyway, it was a hit in my house and I’m sure it will be in yours too!
The crunchy, creamy, spicy soup was delicious!
Yay for Fall…the beginning of soup season!!!
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced (I used my microplane)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 pint fat free half-n-half
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 ears of corn (2 cut off the cob, 2 grated off the cob)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a pan with high sides over medium heat, sauté the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and pepper in the butter until tender.
- Quickly stir in the flour.
- Add in the half-n-half, milk and corn.
- Bring up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low.
- Stir in the cheese and serve it up!