Welcome to Fall Week!
I thought it would be fun to welcome the beginning of fall by celebrating all week! The first day of fall is on Friday! I can’t believe it! Yay!
I knew I had to make them and since pumpkin is such a classic fall ingredient, they would be perfect. And they were!
Soft, warm and tasted every bit like pumpkin pie, without having to worry about the calories from the crust! Win/win if you ask me!
Come back everyday this week for more amazing fall recipes! And feel free to share your favorite fall recipes in the comments section!
Pumpkin Pie Crepes
adapted from Cupcake Project
- whole wheat crêpes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can low fat evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, beat eggs for a couple of seconds.
- Stir in sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and evaporated milk.
- Pour into 9″ pie plate (no crust needed).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes. Use your cake tester comes out clean to make sure it’s done.
- Remove from oven and leave on counter for at least one hour
- Once cool scoop the entire pie into a bowl.
- Whisk the pie filling until the harder crust that developed on the top has mixed in.
- Scoop the desired amount of pumpkin pie filling into the crepe.
- Serve with whipped cream, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, vanilla frozen yogurt or any other toppings you’d like. Can be enjoyed hot or cold.