Hey guys! Since these aren’t my style (I don’t eat beef), I’m going to let my husband tell you how amazing this little guys were. Take it away, honey!
It’s this simple: I grew up eating beef, until I met Caroline. Now, I love you, babe, but I’ve had to make a significant sacrifice to my meat-loving lifestyle. Beef is almost non-existent in our home and rare to enter my mouth. I can’t fully complain; Caroline does a wonderful job by providing plenty of protein-rich meals with the occasional beef substitute, turkey. Anyways, back to the sliders. Caroline surprised me one day with procuring a pound of organic beef. Heaven? Yes!
One step ahead of me, she also bought whole-wheat buns. Done and done! Hamburgers on the horizon for Logan. And just as I love whipped cream on any dessert, I’ll take a generous serving of barbeque sauce with most savory dishes. I’m currently loving Earthfare’s Backyard BBQ Sauce. With all the meat for me, I think I had three consecutive hamburger meals and I wasn’t complaining.
For any beef-lovers out there, take my word about the deliciousness of these sliders. Simple steak seasoning, cheddar cheese and a flowing river of BBQ sauce were the necessary accoutrements for this delectable hamburger dinner. The only missing player was bacon, of course.
Thanks for the special surprise, honey!
- 1 pound organic ground chuck
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 8 small whole wheat rolls
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce
- 8 bamboo skewers with twisted ends
- Shape the ground beef into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Flatten out very well (they will shrink up on the grill).
- Sprinkle both sides with the steak seasoning.
- Grill the patties.
- Slice the buns in half and toast on the grill.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheddar cheese by cutting it into fourths.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- To assemble the sliders, place a burger on the bun, top it with 2 pieces of cheddar cheese, a tomato slice and some lettuce.
- Stick a toothpick in through the top to hold everything together.
Servings: 8 sliders