Hey guys! Since these aren’t my style (I don’t eat beef), I’m going to let my husband tell you how amazing this little guys were. Take it away, honey! 😉
It’s this simple: I grew up eating beef, until I met Caroline. Now, I love you, babe, but I’ve had to make a significant sacrifice to my meat-loving lifestyle. Beef is almost non-existent in our home and rare to enter my mouth. I can’t fully complain; Caroline does a wonderful job by providing plenty of protein-rich meals with the occasional beef substitute, turkey. Anyways, back to the sliders. Caroline surprised me one day with procuring a pound of organic beef. Heaven? Yes!
One step ahead of me, she also bought whole-wheat buns. Done and done! Hamburgers on the horizon for Logan. And just as I love whipped cream on any dessert, I’ll take a generous serving of barbeque sauce with most savory dishes. I’m currently loving Earthfare’s Backyard BBQ Sauce. With all the meat for me, I think I had three consecutive hamburger meals and I wasn’t complaining.
For any beef-lovers out there, take my word about the deliciousness of these sliders. Simple steak seasoning, cheddar cheese and a flowing river of BBQ sauce were the necessary accoutrements for this delectable hamburger dinner. The only missing player was bacon, of course.
Thanks for the special surprise, honey!
- 1 pound organic ground chuck
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 8 small whole wheat rolls
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce
- 8 bamboo skewers with twisted ends
- Shape the ground beef into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Flatten out very well (they will shrink up on the grill).
- Sprinkle both sides with the steak seasoning.
- Grill the patties.
- Slice the buns in half and toast on the grill.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheddar cheese by cutting it into fourths.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- To assemble the sliders, place a burger on the bun, top it with 2 pieces of cheddar cheese, a tomato slice and some lettuce.
- Stick a toothpick in through the top to hold everything together.
Servings: 8 sliders