I married my high school sweetheart.
My maiden name is Starr.
And I always know it’s Christmas when my aunts make this chex mix.
I know it’s a little early for Christmas, but my sister Katie and I had a baking day last week and this snack food was a necessity. And it’s definitely an anytime snack.
It takes a long time to bake, but if you have a sibling or a best friend over to chat to pass the time, it’s worth it!
Starr’s Chex Mix
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Kix
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups unsalted almonds
- 2 cups unsalted cashews
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (including the seasonings) and give it a quick stir.
- Pour the Worchestershire sauce and butter over the ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
- Place on a couple of baking sheets and stir every 20 minutes for 2 hours.
- All to cool before placing in air tight containers.