Now, wheat germ…I’ve never eaten it on anything but muffins and yogurt.
Wheat germ, you’ve proved me wrong again! It’s great in oatmeal!
It makes a creamy oatmeal, without having to add the caloric milk!
Just add water! Sounded like an infomercial, there.
Oh, and make these this weekend.
Wheat Germ Oats
adapted from Cooking Light
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- brown sugar, to taste
- 1 banana, sliced
- Bring the water, oats, wheat germ, and cinnamon to a boil over medium-high heat. Stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Reduce the heat to low for about 10 minutes, or until thick and tasty; stirring every so often.
- Serve with slices of banana or your favorite fruit along with some brown sugar, to taste.