Thank you for all of your sweet comments yesterday. To tell you the truth it has been REALLY hard to bake or even think about food. Morning/noon/night sickness really does a toll on your brain…and stomach.
So, I didn’t try these or anything I’ve made recently. I’ve heard good things from my husband and his coworkers that everything was delicious, so I’ll take their word for it.
Anyway, I digress…
I know. Halloween already!?!?
I’m like Target…and every other store startin’ early.
At least I’m not posting Christmas recipes yet. Oh wait, I posted the Christmas Chex Mix last week…oops. Good thing it’s good any time of year.
I love October…it actually begins to feel like fall in South Carolina. Yay! No more 90′s and 100′s!
Whipping up a batch of these treats was quick. Not too much to the recipe, just your standard marshmallow treats.
Candy Corn Kix Treats
adapted from Kraft
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 4 cups Kix cereal
- 1 cup candy corn
- Prepare a 9 inch square pan with non-stick foil sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, stir the butter and marshmallows until fully melted and combined.
- Stir in the Kix until combined.
- Once the Kix is incorporated, add in the candy corn.
- Give it a quick stir just to disperse throughout the treats.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and push down until level and even in the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator until cold and hard.
- Remove the treats from the fridge and cut into squares.
I hope you enjoy them and feel free to share some of your favorite Halloween recipes in the comment section below!