People….just look at that.
Maybe I’ll tell a joke.
What starts with a ‘t’, ends with a ‘t’, and is filled with ‘t’?
Eat a brownie.
Caramel Stuffed Brownies
adapted from Annie’s Eats
- 1 box triple chocolate brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 45 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup fat-free half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover a 8″ square pan with non-stick foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the brownie mix with the required ingredients stated by the manufacturer, in this case, the egg, water, and oil.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into the pan. Spread evenly along the bottom with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- While it’s cooling, prepare the caramel filling by heating the caramels and half-and-half in a pot over medium-high heat until melted and combined.
- Once melted, pour evenly over the brownie layer.
- Carefully spread the remaining brownie mixture over the caramel layer.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack before cutting.
Servings: 24 brownies