At the little tiny inn that we were staying in, we had quick bread for breakfast.
- It’s so easy.
- There’s no staring at the clock to pass the time while dough rises.
- It tastes most excellent.
I just love the cinnamon swirl part of the bread. It’s so warm and inviting…like, eat more of me, please!
Just kidding, that’s weird.
I don’t talk to my bread, what are you talking about?
Yay, we win!
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
adapted from Eating Well
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (swirl)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon (swirl)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the swirl ingredients (brown sugar and cinnamon). Set aside for later.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set side.
- In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, oil, honey, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the swirl mixture on top.
- Pour the second 1/3 of the batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the second 1/3 of the swirl mixture on top.
- Pour the remaining batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining swirl on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Servings: 1 loaf