I can’t believe that we’re just days away from February already! Can you?
And you know what February means!!!
Lots and lots of cutesy desserts for Valentine’s Day! 😀
To celebrate with the ones you love, you should make this cheesecake. It’s actually the first cheesecake I’ve ever made and it turned out fantastic! It did have a crack on top, but that didn’t deter me from eating it! 😉 Anyone know why cheesecakes sometimes crack? Just curious.
It was smooth and creamy…and I didn’t feel so bad eating a slice (or two or three) because of the healthier modifications that I made to it. 😀
As an added bonus, enjoy your slice with some fresh sliced strawberries. It makes for the absolute perfect dessert!
adapted from Mona Sproles
- 1 cup low-fat honey graham cracker crumbs (about 8 sheets)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a springform pan by covering the bottom and sides with aluminum foil. This is to prevent water getting into the cheesecake later.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl (or a Blendtec or food processor).
- Push into the bottom of the springform pan and just slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place the baked crust into a large baking dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring the oven to 450°F.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until loose (just a few seconds).
- Beat in the sugar and flour, just until blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one egg at a time, beating well in between.
- Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Pour into the crust (it’s okay if it is still warm).
- Pour the water in the large baking dish surrounding the springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250°F and bake for another 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, take off the aluminum foil.
- Using a knife, loosen the cake from the rim of the pan.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool for about 5-10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve when cool either plain or with toppings of your choice.