I’ve always wanted to go to Europe…maybe this is why: The Food!!!
The closest I’ve ever been is Epcot in Disney World. You know, they have the little Eiffel Tower and everything!
It has a candle in it because we were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary.
The only catch is that it requires a long baking time.
But, it’s worth it!
Coconut Crème Brûlée
adapted from got not milk
- 1 (14 ounce) light coconut milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat first 4 ingredients together.
- Pour into 4-8 ramekins, depending on how big they are.
- Place the ramekins in a large baking dish and fill halfway up with boiling water.
- Bake for 50-120 minutes or until set (not more giggling when shaken). Timing will depend on how big your ramekins are. If you have to bake them longer, you’ll probably need to add more boiling water to the baking dish if it’s running low.
- Cool on the counter until cool enough to put in the refrigerator.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with sugar.
- Torch the top until caramelized and light brown.
- Serve right away (or place back in the refrigerator).