Considering I’ve eaten enough canned soups to fill a bath tub, I wanted something creamy and spicy to clear up my congestion.
Anddd, after perusing foodgawker for
minutes hours (I’m not the only one who does that right? It makes me so hungry and wish I could go to everyone’s houses for a gourmet meal!), I came across the inspiration for this beautiful, creamy, and spicy dish.
You should make it. Trust me. You’ll have a happy husband/wife/child/dog?
Grilled Cajun Chicken over Creamy Pasta
inspired by To Food With Love
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red/white wine
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups reduced fat milk
- 3-4 organic chicken breasts
- canola oil spray
- cajun seasoning
- 1 box fettuccine
- In a large sauce pan, bring the butter and olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Once melted, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Add in the wine and stir until it is absorbed (a couple of seconds)
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and quickly stir.
- Add in the milk and slowly stir.
- Bring the temperature down to simmer.
- In the meantime, prepare your chicken on the grill, spraying it with the canola oil spray and sprinkling both sides with cajun seasoning.
- Also, in the meantime, bring your water to a bowl for the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to the packages instructions.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the sauce.
- Serve the pasta up in bowls and top with sliced chicken.