What’s more comforting than creamy mashed potatoes?…
…winning a game of Words With Friends?
…wearing your favorite scarf?
…lounging in your snuggy?
…healthier mashed potatoes!
Just make sure that whomever you kiss has some too.
You will want you BOTH to have garlic breath.
Healthier Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
adapted from fitness magazine
- 8 garlic cloves, in the casings
- about 6-8 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the garlic cloves in aluminum foil, and close like a pouch.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the diced potatoes in a large pot, covered with cold water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a bowl (or the stand mixer).
- Squeeze the garlic out of the casings, into the bowl.
- Using your electric mixer, combine the potatoes and garlic until mashed.
- Add in the yogurt, milk and seasoning.
- Beat until combined.
- Serve as a side dish!