I first saw this stew from Laurie (The Corner Slice), who by the way has the most adorable little girl, and I knew I must make it…especially for my husband.
Since getting pregnant, I’ve had this constant craving for meat. Mr. Chocolate & Carrots says that I should just give in and continue this love affair after I have the baby.
In the meantime, check out this comfort food.
It was kind of windy outside, so it was hard to catch the steam going up. It’s doing swirls to the side.
Silly wind, steam is for rising!
adapted from Group Recipes
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 pound sliced kielbasa
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 4 cups of water
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Note: If I made it again, I’d probably leave out the sweet potatoes because they became mush after sitting in the crock pot all day. Instead, just use a total of 3 cups of potatoes.