What’s your favorite food to hide vegetables in?
Lemon Glazed Zucchini Loaf
adapted from Cooking Light Cookbook
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (glaze)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (glaze)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Combine the zucchini, milk, canola oil, lemon zest, and egg in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool the rest of the way on the cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the loaf.
Servings: about 12 slices