Ever since I saw the fabulous whole grain peanut butter chocolate bars on Texanerin Baking, I knew I had to adapt them to my likes.
Yes, unfortunately I’m still anti-chocolate.
The rest I sent with Mr. Chocolate & Carrots to work. He said they were gone within a matter of minutes.
They were that good!
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Bars
slightly adapted from Texanerin Baking, adapted from Bake 350
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set aside an 8″ x 8″ pan that has been covered with non-stick aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray. This is for easy removal from the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In a bowl, combine the canola oil, peanut butter, sugar, honey, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Pour and spread into your pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is set (doesn’t jiggle when shaken).
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Slice into squares.
Servings: 9 – 16 (depending on how big/small you cut them)