Since it’s just me and my husband (for now) in our family, I’m always looking for small desserts.
This way, I won’t be eating brownies for 8 days straight. Not that I would mind that!
Your wish is my command! That’s exactly what I used to cover this scrumptious little cake!
I told you I had something great planned for them!
It was perfectly sweet and chocolatly. The perfect balance of fruit to chocolate.
Plus, how could you say no to a cute little slice of cake like that!?!?
Make this cute little cake for two for the one you love this Valentine’s Day, birthday, or any day for that matter!
Show them that you care.
Make this cake.
Chocolate Cake For Two
adapted from the big book of cupcakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt (I used chobani)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare two 6″ x 2″ round pan with cooking spray with flour. Set aside. I only had one pan so I filled one with half of the batter, baked, cooled, washed the pan, then baked the other half.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl (or in your stand mixer), beat the butter and sugar on medium/high speed for about 45 seconds.
- Beat in the egg.
- Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- On low, alternatively beat in the flour and water (1/3 of the mixtures at a time).
- Pour the batter evenly between the cake pans, about 1/2 – 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing and putting on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, cover with icing and decorate as desired.