Phew…I finally made it back to South Carolina after a whirl-wind trip to Nashville, Tennessee. I had loads of fun and will be doing a whole recap post very soon.
Just have to unpack, sleep and eat lots of these!
I thought these muffins would be the perfect filling, yet cleansing breakfast….especially after eating a butt-load of greasy and sweet foods all weekend.
They are paleo muffins that were super simple to whip up and have a just a slight hint of sweetness from the pineapple. If you’re like me, you’ll need a little bit more sweetness with a touch of honey. Mmm…pure goodness.
They are super duper moist too which makes it the perfect light breakfast. A couple of these and a cup of tea sound like perfection right about now!
Off to go unpack! Wish me luck!
Paleo Pineapple Muffins
adapted from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 12 muffin pan with paper liners and spray with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together until just broken up.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice that was in the can into the bowl.
- Drain the rest of the juice from the can and discard.
- Roughly chop the pineapple chunks (once chopped, it should be about 2 cups of chopped pineapple). Add to the bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir together until combined.
- Using all of the batter, fill the muffin cups to full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until light brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
Servings: 12 muffins