Don’t look any further if you don’t want your mind BLOWN by the gooey-ness of these.
It WILL blow your mind.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you!!!
They taste just like cookie dough….but better!
Plus, I didn’t feel QUITE as bad eating a few bites since they are made with some whole wheat flour!
There is absolutely NO butter in this recipe.
How awesome is that?!?
That just means you can have two with your glass of milk, right???
Whole Grain Cookie Dough Bars
adapted from Taste and Tell
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set aside a 9″ x 9″ pan covered in parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flours and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, stir together the eggs, brown sugar, sugar, canola oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. It’s a good upper body workout!
- Stir in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, spreading evenly along the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.