The rest of this month and pretty much the entire month of March are INSANE for me! My stress level is out the wah-zoo! So much for resting before the baby comes, right?
Anyone else have those kind of months? What do you do to relieve the stress and just relax in those little moments when you can take a break?
I my case…I bake. Then eat.
And there’s no better stress realiver than a sweet treat. Am I right?
Anyway. Just to give you a heads up I’m heading to Nashville, TN for BlissDom at the end of this week. I can’t believe it’s already here!
Stressful, yet fun. I just hope my little ‘ole pregnant self can keep up with all of these amazingly enthusiastic women bloggers! ;-D
Maybe in lieu of a nap, a sugar rush from these blondies will be my trick to keep up with the pack. Wish me luck!
Whole Grain White Chocolate & Butterscotch Blondies
adapted from Taste and Tell
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set aside a 9″ x 9″ pan covered in parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flours and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, stir together the eggs, brown sugar, sugar, canola oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. It’s a good upper body workout!
- Stir in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, spreading evenly along the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.