I love cupcakes. And even though I’m a chocoholic, I will always choose a funfetti cupcake over a chocolate cupcake.
I’m weird. Whatever.
You see, I usually make all of these goodies and send them into work with my husband. But, this time, I wanted a recipe that I could make quickly and only make 2 cupcakes.
One for me. One for baby? Just kidding…one for Mr. Chocolate & Carrots.
So I made numerous attempts at the cupcakes, and finally settled on a winner!
The first round, there was just too much batter and I tried to squeeze them into just two cupcake tins. And the sprinkles were just all wrong.
The second round, I got the sprinkles right, and got the amount in each cupcake tin right, but there was still enough extra batter to make almost three cupcakes.
The third round, there was just enough batter to fill two cupcake tins completely and the sprinkles were glorious! Yay!
I must now go get on my hands and knees, and pick up all of the sprinkles that are now hidden all over my kitchen….that and clean every room in my house.
Either I have a Spring cleaning bug, or I’m totally nesting.
And must eat cupcakes!
I hope you all have a great weekend and happy St. Patricks Day!
Happy Birthday to my Dad tomorrow!
Funfetti Cupcakes for Two
heavily adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the canola oil, egg, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar together.
- Add in the flour and baking powder.
- Add in the sprinkles. Don’t over stir.
- Pour into two prepared muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.