My good foodie friend and mom-to-be, Brooke from Baking with Basil,
is expecting just had twins! We first met ‘in person’ last year at the Food Blog Forum in Nashville, Tennessee. Then, we met up for a double date to Ikea a couple of months ago on a mission to buy nursery furniture!
Since we’re all so far apart, I thought it would be fun to host a ‘virtual’ baby shower for Brooke! Keep scrolling down to see what everyone else brought to the party!
I’ve made these adorable sugar cookies for the party! The cookies were soft and delicious, with the best part…the crunchy royal icing topping!
I followed Marian’s sugar cookie and royal icing recipe. You just can’t beat it! One tip though, you must make sure that the dough (once cut) is really cold when you stick it in the oven. That way, they keep their adorable shapes!
Since Brooke is having twins and is on ‘Team Green’ (not finding out the sex of the babies)…and ended up having two beautiful baby boys!…, I thought it would be precious to make Two Peas in a Pod cookies. Once I got baking, I let my creative loose and did little booties, and sparkly foot prints, and even little babies!
Well, I hope you travel around Brooke’s virtual baby shower and enjoy the delicious foods that we’ve prepared!
1. Amy from Fearless Homemaker: Malted Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
2. Cassie from Bake Your Day: Baby Spinach Bassinets
3. Julie from Table for Two: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Frosting
4. Lauren from Lauren’s Latest: Cuban Pork Sliders
5. Mary from Fervent Foodie: Tomato Basil Bruschetta
6. Vanessa from Life Undeveloped: Green Pea Pesto Crostini