I’ve been very blessed to not have a picky eater as a husband. But, poor thing, I neglect him of his red meat…but that’s what going to the in-law’s house is for, right? 😉
I do however, have a picky eater little sister. Oh dear, Eliza. Ever since she was in 5th grade, when they watched a PETA-like video, she became a vegetarian….5 years later: still a vegetarian, a picky eater vegetarian, at that. Whenever she comes to stay with me, I can pretty much get on the same veggie wavelength as her, but my husband is always thankful to see meat again after she leaves. Love you ‘Liza!
That being said, if I have meat-eating picky eaters around, I always resort to Italian food. There’s something about Italian food that picky eaters aren’t picky about! Who doesn’t like pasta and pizza?!?
So, this week, I’ve decided to make a Baked Chicken Parmesan using the fabulous Hellmann’s Light mayonaise as the base.
It was so tasty and moist…and on top of a bed of spinach chive linguine and marinara, you can’t go wrong! And of course, my husband enjoyed the wine…me being pregnant and all. 😉
In addition to heading down the post to grab the awesome recipe, head over to Hellmann’s facebook page to enter their daily giveaways of $50 and the $5000 grand prize.
Also, be sure to tune in a couple weeks…I’m going to be making one more Hellmann’s Chicken Change-Up recipe and there will be a giveaway involved!
Baked Chicken Parmesan
adapted from Hellmann’s
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s light mayonaise
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (total 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (for the chicken) + remaining for the linguine
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Trader Joe’s Spinach & Chive Linguine
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large plastic bag, scoop the mayonaise into it, along with the chicken breasts. Close the bag and coat with the mayonaise.
- Dip the mayonaise coated chicken into the bread crumb mixture, coating well on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with a silpat mat or non-stick foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine and heat the marinara sauce.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and top with the 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve by placing a bed of the linguine on a plate, top with marinara sauce, and top with a chicken parmesan.