So, I started packing my hospital bag yesterday. Besides the cuteness of these baby clothes, I got really freaked out. I can’t believe I’m already to that point! Crazy!
To calm my nerves, I resort to baking….and lots of frosting.
This frosting is so perfect. It’s marshmallow to the extreme! It’s very sweet and I love that it has protein from the egg whites.
So, if you want a really awesome recipe for marshmallow frosting, you must try this one.
I’m not even kidding.
I need another spoonful…right now.
P.S. Go enter this week’s giveaway if you haven’t already!
slightly adapted from Pixels & Paperie
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water), constantly whisk the egg whites and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot to the touch, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, set in an ice bath and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- While you are beating, add in the vanilla extract.
- Once complete, top your cakes, cupcakes, or just lick your spoons!
Servings: Makes about 4-5 cups of frosting