Baby Update: Logan and I went to the doctor yesterday for one of my weekly check-ups (Ahh, that means we’re really close to the end!) where they did a scheduled ultrasound to check how big the baby is.
Two weeks ago, I was measuring two and a half weeks ahead in my fundal height (measurement of the uterus). So, the doctors were scared that I might be birthing a HUGE baby since I was so ahead of schedule. But, I knew that it was most likely due to the fact that I am extremely short waisted (my ribs sit inside of my hips). So, the baby has absolutely no where to go except for OUT, making it seem as though I’m carrying a larger baby than I really am. Thank goodness that’s not the case. The ultrasound proved to us that the baby is right on track, weighing 6 pounds. Only 4 more weeks to go!
Anyway…onward to the brownies!!!
I was so happy a couple of weeks ago when I finally
tracked down found a girl scout and her cookies. Thank you to the random troop selling in front of Lowes! 😉
I was a really good girl though, and didn’t get my favorite: thin mints. I knew the entire box would have been demolished by the end of the day (I love them frozen…Mmm). And we all know that that would not have been pleasant for baby or momma. 😉
But, I did indulge in a box of these beauties. Apparently there are two companies that make the girl scout cookies and this company happens to call them Peanut Butter Sandwiches. I’ve always known them as Do-Si-Dos, though. What do you know them as???
Oh, and what’s your favorite girl scout cookie???
Whole Wheat PB Girl Scout Brownies
adapted from Whole Wheat Provocative Brownies
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (I used decaf since I’m pregnant)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package Girl Scouts’ Peanut Butter Cookies (a.k.a. Do-Si-Dos)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover a 9″ x 9″ pan in non-stick foil and spray with canola oil (for easy removal). Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, eggs, coffee, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir together.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips (stirring every 30 seconds until melted).
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into the prepared pan.
- Lay out a layer of the cookies.
- Pour the remaining brownie mixture on top covering all parts of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.