I can’t even look at that first photo and not drool.
Can you blame me?
My favorite ice cream flavor of all time is Baskin Robin’s chocolate peanut butter. My mom and I would always get it when we went out for ice cream. It’s so rich and the chunks of peanut butter were always mind blowing!
So, as a healthier recreation of my favorite, we have this! 😀
It was a little stubborn to get out of the container. I was dumb and put it into a metal loaf pan (to be pretty, of course), but you can’t microwave a metal container to make it easier to scoop. You have to put it in a toaster oven! Trust me when I say that we did this a few times…every time we were impatient and wanted some of this really bad.
Other than the container malfunction, it was great…perfectly tart, rich, and delicious.
Dark Chocolate Chunk & Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
adapted from Healthy Food for Living
- 3 cups 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Churn according to your ice cream maker’s instructions (I use the Kitchen-Aid attachment).
- In the last few minutes of churning, add in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the frozen yogurt into a freezer safe container.
- Drop the peanut butter on the frozen yogurt.
- Carefully and barely mix in the peanut butter, so that there will be chunks.
- Freeze until ready to serve.