Officially the greatest way to enjoy a vegetable.
Bake it like it’s fried!
That’s going to be my new slogan. We should make it into a synthesized you tube video. Just sayin’.
Logan and I baked these and just ate them with marinara sauce for dinner. They’re that good.
They are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Pure deliciousness!
Oh, and Happy July Fourth! I hope you all have a safe and happy Independence Day!
Baked Zucchini Fries
adapted from Food Wanderings in Asia
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with non stick foil and evenly spread the olive oil out on the foil. Set aside.
- In one bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- Put the corn starch in another bowl.
- In another bowl, add the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half. Cut the zucchini halves into halves, making a half moon shape with each. Slice the zucchini quarters into slices, long-wise.
- Dip the zucchini strips into the corn starch first, then the egg, then the panko seasoning. Place on the baking sheet, leaving space between each one.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip all of the fries over.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce!
Servings: 2-3, depending on if this is your main dish or a side.