I need your help…keep reading.
Just picture it, a warm summer day in the park, under a big oak tree, overlooking the serene eastern coastline. The tide rolling in, the hum of cicadas, and the laughter of children. This is what I picture as my perfect summer day. And, if you want to know where this picture came from, it’s a real place.
The only thing that’s missing is food. The outing will only be complete with a scrumptious picnic. One with lemonades, cold slaw, fruit, pimento cheese sandwiches, and chocolate. These chocolate trifle jars, to be exact!
You can’t really mess them up and you can be creative with how you layer them. Plus, everything is more fun when eaten from a jar!
It was so easy to whip up and pop in the cooler (or refrigerator) until you’re ready to dive in!
The winner receives $500 and a year-supply of PCC in a variety of flavors (12 gratuity coupons)!!!!!!!!!!
- Readers can begin voting by commenting on their favorite post(s) starting at 9:00 a.m. CST on July 19, 2012
- Duplicate comments, spammers and comments from the author will not be counted as votes.
- Bloggers are allowed and encouraged to promote on their personal social media channels for votes.
- Bloggers may not post this contest to voting boards to garner votes.
- Voting will last 24 hours from the time of the post (closing at 9:00 a.m. CST on July 20)
- In the event of a tie, voting will be extended one hour.
Chocolate Creme Trifle Jars
- brownies (from scratch or box)
- 10 ounce Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup 60% Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare your brownies as directed. Set aside 1/3 of the brownies for this recipe. Eat the other 2/3rds while you make the trifles!
- In a bowl, combine the cooking creme, 1/4 sugar, and vanilla extract together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups of the heavy cream until it is the consistency of whipping cream. Set aside.
- Finally, make the gananche using the other 1/2 cup of heavy cream and the Ghirardelli chocolate chips.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in the chocolate.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Now assemble the trifles, layering the brownie, semi sweet chocolate chips, sweet cooking creme, whipping cream, and gananche.
Servings: 3 mason jars
So, what is your favorite summer BBQ or picnic dessert????