Oh, where do I begin.
Chocolate shell is a gift from God, especially Dark Chocolate Shell.
I never in a million years thought you could actually make this at home. I thought it was the kind of preservative and chemical filled food product that could only be manufactured. You know, like cheese puffs and diet coke.
I’m so thankful that it’s something that I can save money on and feel better about eating. If only I could take back the years of eating magic shell for years of eating this homemade stuff!
I highly recommend it and I’m sure it’d be a great project with kids!
Oh, and I noticed that the coconut flavor has a lot to do with the brand of coconut oil you use. I used one brand and you couldn’t taste even the slightest hint of coconut in it, but used a different brand the next time and it was very coconut-y. Just FYI. Enjoy!
Homemade Magic Shell
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the ingredients.
- Microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted (It took me about 45 seconds).
- Allow to sit at room temperature until serving over your ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Store in an airtight container in your pantry. Do not put it in the fridge or freezer, it will harden.
Servings: 1 cup of magic shell