Everyone should know by now that I love chocolate. With the exception of the few months during my pregnancy that I couldn’t stand to look at anything sweet, I’ve practically had chocolate everyday of my life.
Yeah, I know…too much of one thing is bad. Trust me, I take it all in moderation, with the exception of desserts like this. Oh. My. Chocolate.
To balance the crazy amounts of desserts I make, my goal is always to make it a little less bad for us. In this case, I’m using my good ‘ole friend, Greek yogurt. And in my house, Chobani is the name of the game.
I use Chobani in loads of things that I make. Take for example, frozen yogurt:
Greek yogurt is a wonderful substitute for things like oil, butter, milk, sour cream, mayonaise, cream cheese, or even buttermilk!
So, there ya go. You know my secret!
In addition to a fabulously rich chocolate brownie recipe that’s made with Chobani, I also have an excellent giveaway for ya! You can thank me later. 😉
Chocolate Chobani Brownies
adapted from FitSugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup 2% vanilla chocolate chunk Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8″ square pan with foil and spray with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter and sugar together until combined.
- Whisk in the eggs until combined.
- Whisk in the yogurt.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Servings: 9-18 brownies, depending on how big you like them!
Winner: Amy who said, “I love Chobani! Eat one everyday and love it for baking!”
Prize: Chobani 6 blended 16 ounce greek yogurts that include the following flavors:
- 0% peach
- 2% mango
- 2% pineapple
- 0% blueberry
- 0% black cherry
- 2% vanilla chocolate chunk
To Enter (Mandatory): Leave a comment telling me how you like using Chobani or just say howdy if you’re a Chobani virgin or are having a brain fart! Feel free to leave links for recipes!
Deadline: August 25, 2012 at 11:59am Eastern Time
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each):
- Become a fan of chocolate & carrots on facebook (current or new fans)!
- Become a follower on twitter (current or new followers) and tweet about this post saying something like: Enter to win a @chobani prize pack from @chocandcarrots! http://bit.ly/OGWbqz #giveaway
That’s a total of 3 chances to win! 😀 Good luck everyone!